Global Student Success
GSS supports all current international and non-native English speaking students, scholars, faculty, and staff at Northeastern University.
To visit the Global Student Success (GSS) website, please click here.
To follow GSS on Instagram: @GlobalStudentSuccess
To follow GSS on Facebook: NU Global Student Success
To visit the International Tutoring Center (ITC) website, please click here.
GSS offers English language tutoring, Languages and Culture Workshops, Reading, and Writing Workshops.
English Language Tutoring Provides high-quality English language instruction through 50-minute individual and group tutoring appointments. Sessions focus on areas including academic writing, listening, speaking, reading, TOEFL, pronunciation, presentation, and career preparation.
Group conversation tutorials focusing on different discussion topics. These tutorials will allow you to practice your conversation skills with an ITC tutor and three other students while speaking about higher-level topics in English.
Language and Culture Workshops The language workshops are for international students looking to improve their reading, writing, and listening skills. The culture workshops help international students understand U.S. American culture better and operate more successfully as university students.
Writing Workshops These workshops offer practice and instruction for students to improve their writing skills for university-level success. Students can select one or more of these sessions.
Reading Workshops These workshops offer practice and instruction for students to improve their reading skills for university-level and personal success. Students can select one or more of these sessions.
Register for an account by clicking the link to the left and follow these steps.
1. Click on "First visit? Click here to register."
2. Follow the instructions to create an account username and password using your Northeastern email address.
3. Check your email to click on the validation link.
4. Log-in with your username and password.
5. Select the service from the drop-down menu.
6. Click on a time that works for you.
7. Complete the registration form and click on "save appointment".
Once you click on "save appointment", an e-mail confiramtion, text message, and calendar invite will be sent to you. You will also receive a reminder of your appointment 24 hours in advance (if you opt into these reminders).
1. The account will be blocked once three no-shows have been accumulated. Students will need to email GSS at firstname.lastname@example.org to enable the account.
2. The account will be blocked again if the fourth no-show has been accumulated and the student will need to make an appointment with GSS staff to review GSS no-show policies and discuss the further usage of GSS services. After the meeting, the account will be enabled.
3. The account will be blocked again if the fifth no-show has been accumulated and the student will need to make an appointment with GSS staff again. After the meeting, the account will be blocked for three months.
Questions? E-mail Global Student Success at email@example.com. (office hours: Monday-Saturday, 9 am- 5 pm.)
POWERED BY WCONLINE® 7.4.11
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.